Earth Science Minor
This program will be deleted Fall 2021.
Programs offered through the Department of Biological and Physical Sciences share many outcomes. Upon program completion students will:
- Understand the basic principles and laws governing our world and have a global awareness of their discipline.
- Demonstrate basic competency in laboratory, field and computer skills related to the sciences.
- Be familiar with accessing and interpreting the scientific literature.
- Be proficient in written and oral communication in the sciences.
- Understand scientific methodology, and conduct scientific investigations using it.
- Be prepared to participate in professional activities.
|GEO 101||Intro to Physical Geology *||3|
|GEO 102||Intro to Physical Geology Lab *||1|
|GEO 211||Earth History & Evolution||3|
|GEO 212||Earth History & Evolution Lab||1|
|GPHY 282||Mapping Techniques||3|
|Select two courses from among the upper division ERTH or GEO courses offered by the Department.||7-8|
|Total Minimum Credits||22-23|
May satisfy General Education requirements.
Certain courses in this program have prerequisites; students should check course descriptions for required prerequisites.