MSU Billings Catalog

Transfer Opportunities

Bachelor of Applied Science Degree

The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree is available to students with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.  If a student has earned an AAS degree from a regionally accredited institution, he or she may enroll on the main campus of MSU Billings (or the other four units within the Montana University System to complete general education requirements) and complete General Education courses and upper division credits in existing areas of study which will complement the student’s AAS credits already earned.  At MSU Billings, there are many different plans of study including Communications, Business, Health Administration, and others.  The transferability of the AAS courses will be determined course by course.  Students anticipating transferring are encouraged to consult with their advisor and check the requirement of the institution into which they plan to transfer.  Contact the Advising Center located in McMullen Hall First Floor, (406) 657-2240.

Pathways to other Bachelor degrees

Students who complete an Associate of Science degree through the City College at MSU Billings have many options available to complete a Bachelor’s degree and beyond.  The Associate of Science degrees with plans of study in Human Resources Business Articulated Emphasis and Business Administration are designed for students to complete their Associate of Science degree at City College at MSU Billings and attend the University campus for two more years to complete a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.  City College at MSU Billings has an articulation agreement with MSU-Northern for students who complete an Associate of Science Degree at City College and wish to complete a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.

In addition to the examples above, there is also an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts Degree in General Studies (Self-Design Option).  Students complete all of the general studies requirements and choose 23 credits of electives in consultation with a faculty advisor.  This provides an excellent foundation for transfer in many areas.  Students should contact an academic advisor to discuss the pathway that is right for them.