Liberal Studies Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies (BSLS)Offered Online
The Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies at MSU Billings is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Provide students with the opportunity to participate in integrated thematic programs of an interdisciplinary nature utilizing resources currently available at MSU Billings.
- Offer students with credits from many sources the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree which has focus and integrity.
- Earn at least 120 credits with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Satisfy the General Education requirements at MSU Billings.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credits from MSU Billings.
- Complete at least 36 upper division credits, of which at least 24 must be earned from MSU Billings.
- Complete a thematic concentration of 30 credits including at least 15 credits from one discipline in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. This concentration shall be prepared in collaboration with a faculty advisor and approved by the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- A grade of “C” or higher is mandatory in all courses in the thematic concentration.