Applied Science Bachelor
Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)Offered Online
The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree is limited to students with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. If a student has earned an AAS degree from a regionally accredited institution, he or she may enroll on the University campus of MSU Billings to complete General Education requirements and take upper division credits in existing areas of study which will complement the student’s AAS credits already earned.
The BAS requires completion of a minimum of 60 credits beyond the AAS degree. A maximum of 60 credits will be accepted from the AAS degrees towards the 120-credit requirement. Coursework must include completion of specified General Education courses and other upper division coursework that relates to and is supportive of the AAS degree.
Requirements for the BAS degree are as follows:
- Completion of an AAS degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Satisfy the General Education Requirements at MSU Billings.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credits from MSU Billings.
- Complete a minimum of 30 upper division credits, of which at least 21 must be earned from MSU Billings.
- Complete a thematic concentration of 30 credits including at least 15 credits from one discipline. This concentration shall be prepared in collaboration with a faculty advisor and approved by the Academic Dean responsible for the majority of the courses in the Thematic Concentration. Students seeking a concentration in Business are limited to 27 credits in the College of Business.
- A grade of “C” or higher is mandatory in all courses in the thematic concentration.