Political Science Pre-Law Emphasis Minor
This program to be placed on moratorium Fall 2020—no new students enrolling in this program.
Courses offered are oriented toward:
- preparing the student for citizenship roles in community and national affairs and providing a coherent knowledge of political and government activities;
- assisting the student to secure a broad liberal arts and sciences education;
- providing undergraduate preparation for those students who propose to study at the graduate level;
- offering general training for students who plan careers in government and public affairs;
- preparing students for careers in secondary teaching;
- providing a sound background for those students who intend to enroll in law and other professional schools;
- providing a useful background for students who wish to work in management and staff positions in business and industry which have relationships with the public sector, including political journalism.
|PSCI 210||Intro to American Government *||3|
|PSCI 230||Intro to International Rel *||3|
|PSCI 260||Intro to State and Local Govt||3|
|PSCI 427||Research Methods||3|
|Select nine credits chosen in consultation with the Pre-Law advisor. Substitutions must be approved by the Pre-Law advisor.||9|
|Select two courses from the following:|
|Federal Indian Law|
|Courts and Judicial Politics|
|Const Law: Civil Liberties|
|Const Law: Powers & Structures|
|Select one course from the following:|
|Social Problems *|
|Total Minimum Credits||21|
May satisfy General Education requirements.
Certain courses in this program have prerequisites; students should check the course descriptions for required prerequisites.