Digital Health Communication Certificate
Goals & Objectives of the Program
- Students will learn how to apply communication research skills to achieve health education and communication objectives.
- Students will acquire knowledge on how to apply communication writing & production skills to achieve health education and communication objectives.
- Students will gain understanding of health educational theory as it applies to communication in the health area.
- Students will develop skills & understanding of the marketing process in order to achieve health education and communication objectives.
- Students will gain an understanding of the applicability of social media campaigns for both for-profit and not-for-profit enterprises.
- Students will develop effective strategic analysis, planning, implementation, and control skills in social media contexts.
- Students will gain comprehensive knowledge on multiple social media platforms, what they do, and how and why we use them, along with strategic ideas for management within the social networking community.
- Students will be able to build a sustainable method for utilizing social media for a business throughout the semester and have an established web presence, strategically emphasizing the goals for the assigned company or organization.
|COMX 231||Intro to New Media Skills||1|
|COMX 232||Intro to Visual Stroytelling||1|
|COMX 280||Intro to Health Communication||1|
|COMX 340||Visual Rhetoric||3|
|COMX 431||New Media Skills||3|
|COMX 480||Health Communication||3|
|Total Minimum Credits||12|